Sunday, January 20, 2013

10 Leadership Lessons for Gen-Y


Wish I knew then what I know now.
You hear that sort of thing all the time; a lament to the wisdom that seems to come too late in life, or at least later than we'd like it to.
The current generation of up-and-comers certainly has its opportunities and its challenges. Having grown up with high-tech, they're probably best suited to thrive in the brave new connected world. And I happen to think the digital revolution has only just begun.
On the other hand, the world is in the midst of cultural and economic upheaval. Perhaps that's nothing new, but it is challenging, to say the least. There's so much information, so many choices, so much distraction, just those things alone present more complexity than any generation has ever had to deal with.
That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that the wisdom that comes from real-world experience applies to anyone in any generation. At least, that's the theory. Here are 10 lessons I've learned that I suspect will prove useful to the current generation of up-and-coming entrepreneurs and business leaders.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment