Friday, November 2, 2012

The Willingness to Think Differently


I can summarize the most successful people I’ve ever known with one trait: the willingness to challenge mainstream ideas.
This has been the key to everything good in my life too:
  • I changed my health and drastically reduced my carbon footprint when I stopped eating like everyone else around me and became vegetarian (and eventually vegan).
  • I simplified my life when I stopped believing what the majority of people believe, that buying stuff makes you happier, more secure, look better in the eyes of others, etc.
  • Eva & I improved our kids’ learning environment when we went against the mainstream and started unschooling.
  • We improved our health and reduced our carbon footprint when wewent car-free.
  • I changed my career by blogging differently than others (on simplifying rather than doing more) when I started Zen Habits.


No comments:

Post a Comment