Monday, January 28, 2013

Three Temptations That Destroy Good Leaders


We are subject to a number of temptations, every one of us almost. While there could be a long list of temptations, some of them are so deadly, it can destroy us completely, professionally and personally. I am sure that we can get a few names in our minds instantly on the subject of temptations.
This is a guest post by J. Warner Wallace. Wallace examines these three motives in more detail in his new book, Cold Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels.
I’m a cold-case homicide detective. In the many years that I’ve been doing this job, I’ve come to recognize that every murder is driven by one of three sinister motives. It turns out that these same three motives lie behind very crime of the heart, every bad decision, and even every fatal mistake made by a leader. If you can be honest about what motivates you, there’s a good chance you can avoid the destruction that results from allowing yourself to succumb to one of these malicious motives. When I first launched a church as a bi-vocational leader, I carefully constructed my leadership template to guard myself as best I could:


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment